Dr. Grégoire BAKANDEJA, Esq.
Grégoire BAKANDEJA, PhD, is an active Attorney at law, registered with the Bar of Kinshasa in Congo DR. He is an Of counsel to the law firm Tshibangu Ilunga & Partners SCA (www.tshibangulegal.com), a firm complying with anti bribe legislations, notably: the UK Bribery Act (UKBA) of 8 April 2010 as well as the American Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) of 1977.
After law studies in Paris, he is currently a leading Professor at University, Paris Pantheon I (France), Kinshasa (Congo DR) and Brazzaville (Congo). He teaches corporate law, commercial law and international commercial law, amongst others.
Former positions: Minister of economics, commerce and industry in the Government of the Congo DR (2000-2001), after being appointed in capacity of President of the board of the Central Bank of Congo DR (1999-2002). He is also a former member of the Parliament etc…
His experience makes him an unparalleled pillar for a sound advice in the forum of investments project in Congo DR. His assessments of projects is amongst the most in demand for serious business.
- PhD (University Paris XII), 1988
- MA (University Paris XII), 1983
- MA (University Paris X), 1983
- BA (University of Yaoundé), 1981
Called to Bar: 2003
Languages: French (fluent), English, (good), Lingala, Swahili, Tshiluba.
Practice areas: Commercial Law, Financial Law, Baking Law, Development Law, International Trade Law, Law of Urbanism and Environment.
On top of above matters, Bakandeja practices litigation and arbitration.
- 1988: PhD at higher education, University of Paris XII, school of Law and Political Science.
- 1983: Master of Arts in Law at higher education, Paris XII University, school of Law and Political Science).
- 1983: Master of Arts in Law at higher education, University of Paris X, school of Law and Economics,.
- July 1981: Degree (MSc) in Law at higher education in Private Law / Option: Business Law (University of Yaoundé, school of Law and Economics,).
- 1975: graduate diploma, St Louis College of Kananga secondary school in Latin and Philosophy
- (1999 - 2000): Former president of the Board of the Central Bank of the DRC. ;
- (2000 - 2001): Former Minister of Economics, Commerce and Industry;
- (2003 - 2006): Former Member of the Parliament , in charge of the commission on the economics and financial matters.
- Professor at Universities: in DR Congo, Congo-Brazzaville, France and Belgium ;
- International Consultant;
- Attorney at law ;
- Arbitrator at the ICC Paris, France.
- Dr. Grégoire BAKANDEJA is Attorney at law with the Bar of Kinshasa. He is also a Professor at the University of Kinshasa, university of Paris Panthéon I, Marien Nguabi university,
- 1985 - 1986: Belgo-Congolese Fund for paying-off and management "Autonomous Institute of Public International Law", Brussels/Belgium.
- July-October 1982: Northern France, Legal and litigation - Paris/France.
He is also consultant to the UN agencies (UNHCR, UNDP).
Apart being Attorney, Dr. Grégoire BAKANDEJA is involved in many other activities :
- Researcher at the Centre for Comparative Law, University of Paris XII. (1984-1988)
- Guest Professor, University of Paris I-Pantheon Sorbonne (since 2004)
- Guest Professor, Catholic University of Brussels "KUB "(Summer School for European and African Academies Theory of Law. Since 2004)
- Guest Professor, University Marien Ngouabi, Congo/Brazzaville.
In Democratic republic of Congo
- Full Professor since 2000
- Academic Secretary of the Law school (1994 - 1996)
- Deputy Dean for Research, university of Kinshasa (1997-2000)
- Director of the Interdisciplinary Research Centre for the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights in Central Africa "CRIDHAC" 1999 to February 2002.
- Dean of the Law school, University of Kinshasa (07 August 2003 - 30 August 2008).
Dr. Grégoire BAKANDEJA is a member of the French Association of Planning law. He is also member of the Board of Directors of the International Association of Economics and Law and the Institute of Euro-African Economic Law. He is also a member of the "Forces Vives OHADA", a OHADA National Commission and Co-Chair of the African Institute for Environmental Law.
- Financial Law book, "Editions Universitaires African", Kinshasa, August 1997.
- Public Finance Law: Means of action and financial plan of the State, NORAF éditions, Kinshasa, December 1997.
- International Trade Law: The justified fears of Africa in front of the globalization of markets, Oxford University Press and Larcier "Brussels-Paris," Kinshasa-Africa éditions, September 2001.
- Public Finance-For a better housekeeper economic and financial Congo, Brussels, Ed Larcier 2006.
- Mining and Oil law in Central Africa: Towards a rational, formal and transparent management of natural resources, Brussels, Larcier, 2009.
- Rights of patients, in Annals of the Law school, Vol. XI-XXIV, 1995-1996, University Press of Zaire, Kinshasa University.
- "What territorial development policy for Zaire in 2000? In Annals of the Law school, "Vol. XI-XXIV, 1995-1996, University Press of Zaire, Kinshasa University.
- "Decentralization, Federalism and Development", In Annals of the Law school, Vol. XI-XXIV, 1995-1996, University Press of Zaire, Kinshasa University.
- The decline of state owned company national model, gazette of the Law school of the Protestant University of Congo, 1101, Scientific Meeting news, 1996.
- "The future of Congolese financial law", In gazette of the Law schol of the Protestant University of Congo, No. 2, Scientific Meetings news, 2001.
- "Globalization of markets and morality in the distribution of wealth in the world: The ethical dimension of sharing", In Annals of the Law school, Vol. XI-XXVI, 19962003, Publication of the Law school, University of Kinshasa, August 2003.
- Contracts and Procurement in Africa Summer Conference courses - Law, Culture and Legal Institutions of Africa, Catholic University of Brussels (KATHOLIEKE UNIVERSITEIT BRUSSEL), August 2004.
- "Economic recovery and good governance in the Democratic Republic of the Congo", In National Economic Forum, Kinshasa, 13 December 2004.
- "Improving the economic and financial governance: the condition of recovery in the DRC," In DRC after the elections. Scientists and Politicians facing the posttransition period, Paris, L'Harmattan Geo Géoécostrapol, 2006.
- "Water, Urbanism and Health", In International Symposium on water issues, Kinshasa, May 2006.
- "The institutions, the rule of law and democracy in Africa", In Liber Amicorum in honor of Professor Marcel Lihau, Kinshasa St Paul, 2007.
- "The Court of Justice of the African Union:" A body built for the consolidation of the rule of law and the promotion of human rights ", International Conference on Human Rights in Africa, Dakar 10 to 11 August 2007.
- "The Court of Justice of the African Union: an entity built for the consolidation of the rule of law and the promotion of human rights", in Annals of the Law school, Special issuance, human Rights, commemoration of the 59th anniversary of the Universal Declaration, University of Kinshasa Press, Library of the Law school. December 3, 2007, P 95-132.
- "The new constitution of the Democratic Republic of Congo: streams and innovations", in Annals of the Law school, Special issuance, commemoration of the 59th anniversary of the Universal Declaration, University of Kinshasa Press, Library of the Law school. December 3, 2007, P 215-259.